Monday, September 22, 2008

question of WEALTH

2 questions vex my thoughts today as I sit here waiting for tomorrow :)
1)What is the difference in the terms...
transfer of wealth
and
redistribution of wealth?
2) What is wealth?
I've heard from many places in the secular and the non-secular world.... 2008 will see the "greatest transfer of wealth in the history of our nation"
It was recently, even on a television ad.
I hear these two political candidates and their parties rant about wealth and who "deserves" what part of that proverbial pie... socialism, democracy, the American dream... all are terms flying through the airwaves!
I heard the story of the college student who was so much on the side of the underprivileged saying "how can we let these people go without"... until her father asked her about giving one of her hard earned GPA points to her "less deserving" roommate.
I've heard people say... "I can afford that payment"... what about "affording the debt"... assuming the American dream SHOULD belong to everyone in America.
What exactly is "the American Dream"... and should or do all Americans expect or deserve it?
I know that for kingdom minded people the thinking is that God's people are about to be put in charge of mountains of finances so that the kingdom of God will be able to do it's work in a more proficient way. Hence... a great "transfer of wealth" into their "tested" handling.
I know there are and have been those of the "name it and claim it" theology that believe that simply because we are believers, "wealth" will just drop into our lives.
I'm thinking... why? for what purpose?
Somehow, I am having a bit of convoluted thinking right now with all the things going on in politics and in our financial state of bailing out Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and now Lehman Brothers... and who knows what/who else.
I am NOT a financial minded person, but all this sets me to wondering....
"what exactly is 'wealth'"?
and
what is the LORD up to with America?
Someone whose wisdom I respect once said.... you know, when you plant a seed in the ground, often what comes from that seed looks entirely different from that which you planted. Granted, at some future time, there may come something that looks the same, but there are seasons between that "sowing" time and that of "reaping" time.
And for that matter........"time" really doesn't even have definition in Heaven....does it?
I think that there may be that belief out there that says if I put $10 in, that the LORD will multiply that money and give me back $20... or something like that....... I may be strange in my thoughts, and way off base, but that just doesn't sound right to me........
God doesn't think like I, who dwell in skin, think.....His thoughts and ways are so far beyond my comprehension that multiplication in heavenly terms must be something much different from my simplistic way of thought.
so again I am seriously asking..... what is "wealth"?
and
is there a difference in its "transfer" or its "redistribution"?
as I think on this..... you who know me know that what my bottom line will be is....
so this is what is going on in our physical world....
what is it saying about Spiritual places/circumstances/seasons/ things????
What is my stand in this turbulent ocean?
I'll tell you one thing that I know that I know that I know....
I'm sure of the One Who has the answers.... and He loves me as His child.... so... I suppose I really have no reason to ask these questions other than
I'm a curious "child" of an indulgent Father!

No comments: