Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas..... lacking in a season of plenty

I will be brief...
Something just dawned on me
(no pun intended after the last post and my morning before the LORD).
Do any of you find the Christmas holidays somehow leaving a hollow place inside?
I just talked to my youngest daughter, about these feelings, and something occurred to me.
Christmas as the "religious" world has known it surrounds the birth, the first coming, of our LORD into our time and space... into flesh...
What would the financial world do without our "religious" holiday?
Maybe this feeling of emptiness after such glut comes from the fact that
right now...
as no other time in history,
we are closer to our Jesus' second coming to this earth....
Maybe it's not so much about the virgin Mary,
but about a purified BRIDE..
Maybe it's not so much about the state of the world,
but about the state of the Spirit, and the spiritual reality.
Maybe.... just maybe.... our dissatisfaction is being felt by more than just those in my family here in our little central Texas community.
Understand.... I am not coming down on this holiday... I have loved the spirit of Christmas for years... the traditions, the colors, the family.....
BUT....
something is growing in me more and more through the years...
and it
plays out in a hollow empty feeling.
I think maybe I've put some boundaries around the feeling,
and I think as I do, I can more easily see the "why"...
and be excited once again because of what
I believe and know.
Does anybody else feel it?

No comments: