Overcomers must have had
something to overcome.
This keeps ringing in my
hears this morning…All 5 of my grandchildren skied (learned on the first day
out) this season… August 3, 2016.
All 5 had to meet the
challenge of never having done this before and how will I respond when it’s my
turn out there to learn in front of everyone….???
What was it that each had to
overcome?
Did some have more to
overcome than others even though the task was the same for all?
I think mostly what we have
to overcome is what do we believe? It is said that success breeds success. Why
is that? Do I believe I can do this? Is it an unrealistic belief or one that I
have considered and found possible?
What about the seemingly “impossible”…
the places where God says “with man it is impossible, but with God all things
are possible”?
Does that apply to things I
want to do or things I’m called to do only?
During this political season
there is an unusual circumstance… what is happening in political rallies is not
being presented in the polls presented by the media. What is the truth?
Can what we believe become
what is true? How does that happen?
If my mind (my belief ) is so
stubborn that I refuse to see, will what I see become my belief even though it
is a lie? A self fulfilling prophecy?
Truth cannot be dependent on
our belief… otherwise it is always subjective right? But are there some truths
that become forged by our belief?
I think perhaps this is the
legacy of our father Adam who ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and
evil. The eyes that were open were the physical as our spiritual eyes became
veiled.
Is this what we must
OVERCOME?
1 John 5:4-5
“4 For
everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory
that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is it that
overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”
Have you ever considered what this woman
had to overcome to step into the house with her “gift”? My goodness what a
story… on so many levels.
What did she “believe” when she walked
in?
Luke 7
A Sinful Woman Forgiven
36 One
of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's
house and reclined at the table. 37 And behold, a woman of
the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was reclining at table in
the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment, 38 and
standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her
tears and wiped them with the hair of her head and kissed his feet and anointed
them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited
him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would have
known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a
sinner.” 40 And
Jesus answering said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he
answered, “Say it, Teacher.”
41 “A
certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the
other fifty. 42 When
they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love
him more?” 43 Simon
answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he
said to him, “You have judged rightly.” 44 Then turning toward the
woman he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave
me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them
with her hair. 45 You
gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my
feet. 46 You
did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Therefore
I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he
who is forgiven little, loves little.” 48 And he said to her,
“Your sins are forgiven.” 49 Then those who were at table with him
began to say among[h] themselves, “Who is
this, who even forgives sins?” 50 And he said to the
woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
I'm wondering this... if we have more to overcome, do we have more to share with others who need to overcome? I've found that often the best coaches are not the ones who naturally played the sport, but the ones who had to struggle to reach the point of their successes. These coaches understand what it takes, they know how to encourage and they know HOW TO OVERCOME! Coaches should always be encouragers as well as teachers... at least I think the best ones are.
I'm wondering this... if we have more to overcome, do we have more to share with others who need to overcome? I've found that often the best coaches are not the ones who naturally played the sport, but the ones who had to struggle to reach the point of their successes. These coaches understand what it takes, they know how to encourage and they know HOW TO OVERCOME! Coaches should always be encouragers as well as teachers... at least I think the best ones are.
It is my prayer that whatever my family,
my children, my grandchildren and on and on… whatever they set their minds to
will be done… but it is my prayer first that they have the “mind of God”… and
that this is the filter for what they choose. I believe this will BE!
Oh JESUS… thank YOU for TRUTH beyond my
belief… Thank You for NEVER EVER CHANGING… and Thank you for the precious
treasures who call me mom, Tahtee and even those who call me Carla or KatyJ I
love them all!
BTW... the Rio Olympics this year are sure fun to watch... just heard Steele Johnson and David Boudia say... "my identity is not on the platform... not dependent on what I do from that platform... my identity is rooted in Christ and NEVER changes!"
YES LORD JESUS!!! thank you for men with testimonies for the world to see.
They took silver!


No comments:
Post a Comment