"Don't give them more than they can handle..... even if it appears TO YOU, that they need it!"
"You have been PLACED with the GRACE"
These were the two words I woke with this morning... one came with a dream, the other in a prayer for forgiveness..
*note: earlier this month I had another dream about "maturity" and being "ready"
there was also "water" involved... I am asking if there is a correlation for me?*
dream: group was in Europe on VERY hilly, windy roads
-I, and others of my group were on motorcycles and all the people on the road were
running from something bad.
-a slender girl with a baby bundled tightly came to me and asked for my cycle...
she didn't say much at all, merely pleaded from her eyes.
-I gave her the cycle and as I was about to tell her about the road ahead, she just zoomed off.
-I KNEW what was ahead, she was going way too fast AND she had a baby with her
-I heard the splash
-I RAN up the hill, around the curve and down the steep incline
-They had already gone under the water irretrievable to me.........
-if ONLY I'd been able to tell her, or better
... if I hadn't given her the cycle which she clearly could NOT handle!
she would have been safer walking or even running,
NOT on a powerful machine going way too fast for her abilities!
-I was responsible, at least in part, I KNEW!!!
then the word as I journaled this disturbing dream early this morning
(God didn't let Scarlett sleep in... she needed out in spite of my wanting to go back to sleep!!)
so I got up and wrote!
the word to me was a caution in these times....
"do not give out of time,
or more than can be handled
.... even if you assess the circumstances as needing what you have!!!
be on guard..
... walk in the cadence of MY steps,
not out of line or out of time!"
these are important words for me......I'm such a mom... such a "fix it" person... Lord I hear...
help me heed!
Then.... as I prayed about the circumstances of my very very busy daughters.... fun, crazy, busy summer things and then all the stuff that life just adds in.... this week, doggie school, Threshold, and then VBS till 8:30 (so much the overloaded schedule!!! that my eyes see and my heart feels).... I was fussing at my sweet LORD... (yes, I know, maybe no one fusses at the LORD, but me... but He listens, and then HE sometimes.... sometimes.... addresses my heart's cry)......this is one of those times......... and HE Said...
"I know the gift of MY daughters...
I KNOW what they can do because
I've given them the gifts....
I know what fills their days and their hearts,
AND
... I know what is coming next!!!! do you????"
"No Lord, only YOU are God... tell me how to be???"
"I give Grace for the Place.....they are in this place for more than they or you have imagined... it is not just for the small ones to whom they've been assigned... it is for the others who will be where they are too....
what they teach they've LEARNED;
it may come in 4 year old words, but will hit the mark at a
far more imperative target....
I WILL GIVE THE GRACE for this PLACE!!! be assured."
*I do feel like this word is for more than just this week*
"Oh my LORD, forgive my small vision!!! forgive my impulsive protective heart! let me see from Your places....even when it is those closest to my heart! You KNOW and I don't.... Lord let me see more...I will try to hold what You give with the most careful heart that YOU allow. I LOVE YOUR GENTLE CORRECTION to this mother's heart..... YOU KNOW ME!!! YOU SEE ME!!!! YOU LOVE ME!!!! and Jesus, I LOVE YOU!"

No comments:
Post a Comment