"I reckon I'll be gettin round to it sometime"
"I reckon you better get a move on Katie Jane.. or you'll be late"...
I reckon
isn't it a strange word, "reckon"....... or "reconnoiter" is perhaps it's root
RECONNOITER:
v. tr. To make a preliminary inspection of, especially in order to gather military information.
v. tr. To make a preliminary inspection of, especially in order to gather military information.
v. intr. To make a reconnaissance.
[Obsolete French reconnoître, from Old French reconoistre, to recognize; see recognize.]
today as I was praying I heard a rather ominous "word"... and I'm still wondering/asking what in the world does that mean??
it was simply this.....
"there will be a reckoning.....do not engage at the skirmish level... that will sap your strength, only engage when you are CALLED to the battle.... you do not have the luxury of picking your fights and joining at your will, you only have the appointment to engage when you are truly called..........then.......there will be a reckoning!"
yep.......I'm supposing that if I get into that arena when it's not time that I won't be properly equipped for that particular fight.... so I'm thinking... I'd just better wait on the LORD and let Him do the lead in work as well as the rear guard job that He said He'd take care of for me and all the rest of us who are called His sons.
Anyway... with my personality, wouldn't that just be the place I'd want to stay anyway... maybe my calling better be really loud and clear because I sorta like the spot from the high places,
don't you?
hummmmmm now about that "reckoning"......do we wanna talk somemore about that?
or maybe not!
1 comment:
Whoa, my sister, I SO hear 'your' word!!! I think it is a word for me as well!
I mentioned your message about the 'skirmishes' to a brother in Christ at work today and he 'heard' it too! In fact he filled in some of the words that YOU used that I had NOT shared with him!
OK, so we must dig deeper into this "reckoning" and watch and wait for each of us to receive our orders. You are definitely on a very right track!
This post just HIT me with TRUTH that I cannot quite verbalize yet. I need to meditate and ruminate and see what more the Lord reveals about this 'reckoning!'
Oh YES, let's DO talk somemore!
I think 'that' time IS coming, and I KNOW that our Lord has been getting His people (everywhere) in position and ready to do what He created them to do - that 'calling' of which you speak?
I truly believe time is short (until that battle?)and He wants/needs(?) His body strong, healthy and prepared!
PS: I did not get the first part of the comment you left on my blog - rats!
Post a Comment